June 8, 2007

Ditching the acrylic

So I've been working on a basic K2, P2 scarf for my dad. I'm just using some acrylic yarn that I had gotten when I started knitting in the fall (and didn't know any better). I've decided to totally scrap the scarf; its just way to stiff and scratchy. I'm going to try to find some nice yarn to make it out of....maybe this will be a chance to try out some mmmalabrigo! Even though I haven't had too much experience with different yarns, now that I've started to try out some nicer ones, I just can't go on with this horrible scratchy acrylic. And besides, do I really want to give a present to someone made of such yucky yarn? I'm looking for a variegated yarn in blues/greens that's nice and soft. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

carla said...

A malabrigo scarf would be a wonderful gift. I've petted some, but never purchased or knitted any.

Diane said...

It's a little pricey but really pretty.

http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Cherry_Tree_Hill_Yarn-Twister_Yarn-1770.html

http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Artyarns-Supermerino_Yarn-1999.html

Kaydee said...

Thanks for the links Diane, they're really nice!