June 18, 2007

Great Surprise

On Friday my secret yarn swapper emailed me to tell me that my package had arrived at my apartment! I was so excited, it was torture to make it through the rest of the day at work. When I finally got home I ran upstairs and saw no package. So saddddd!!! I forgot that my roommate wasn't home and the post man leaves a notice to pick up packages at the post office if no one is home. So I ran down and found my notice in the box!! Yea! Naturally I couldn't wait to get to the PO so I decided that I was going to take the T down the Kenmore to get there quicker. The only problem was that it was nowhere in sight. I saw a bus coming so I hopped on it for the quick ride to the PO (which seemed like forever).

At the PO the man who got my package for me said that they (the person who sent it) could havewalked it over to me. I was so confused until I saw that the address was right near me in Boston (down the street). The post mark says it was sent from Boston so now I'm wondering if I'm actually that close to my secret swapper. Are they from Boston? Or are they just being very sneaky and trying to trick me? I really have no clue. If you're out there swapper, you're very good. I can't wait to find out who you are!

Back to the yarn, I ran home and tore open my package to find all this:

I was so excited! Look at all of this yarn! From left to right: Berger du Nord Belle 100% silk in a beautiful shimmery turquoise blue, Misti Alpaca Lace in a pretty red, SWTC bamboo, and Knit Picks Bare merino. The colors are so pretty in all of them, the pic doesn't do them justice! I can't wait to try out dying the KP yarn, I already have some ideas for it. Thanks secret pal!

1 comment:

JEANNETTE said...

Wow, that's a nice package you got! I'm jealous! :-)