June 1, 2007

Notorious s-c-a-r-f

Well the time has almost come to send out my ISE4 scarf. Its finally done after learning new stitches, messing up, taking a loooong break, working like a pro, messing up yet again, and binding off. I think it came out pretty good for my first try at lace. It was also the first time I've ever blocked a FO. It worked well except it sticks out in little points where I put the pins on the sides. I think I'm just going to call it a design element, it actually looks fine.

During blocking:

The notorious scarf:

The first time I've gotten to use the labels my bro and SIL gave me:

Ready to be sent to my secret pal:

All I have to do is get a few goodies to send with the package for my pal. I think I'll try to go downtown to get her some Boston kind of things. That will give me an excuse to go to Windsor Button's and shop for yarn...for my yarn swap of course hehe!

No comments: