March 14, 2007

I'm such a bad updater...

So I start a blog, write once and haven’t kept up with it since…I know, I know. I’ve been working on a scarf for my dad. Its just K2 P2 ribbing, but its coming out really well. The yarn is just some Carron rainbow acrylic that I found at Michael’s, but I love the colors of it. It has greens, blues, and a little purple in it. I was surprised that my dad wanted such a colorful yarn, but he said he wanted something to stand out against his gray jacket…this is perfect; it’s colorful without being too over the top for him. I wish my digital camera wasn’t broken so I could take pics of my WIP. I’m also in the midst of working on my first pair of socks which are really fun. This is my first knit in the round project and it really isn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be. Who knows though, I haven’t gotten to the heel yet (I think I’m procrastinating on getting there) so we’ll see if I change my tune.

We’re supposed to get our partners for the International Scarf Exchange probably by the end of this week (or maybe the weekend). I’m super excited to find out who I’ll be knitting for and what kind of scarf they’d like. What a great excuse to go yarn shopping!!

2 comments:

Webigail said...

Hi Kaydee,

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you did, because now I can tell you how wonderful I think that Carron yarn is. I particularly like it, because I'm still a newbie and although I've been developing quite the stash, I use Carron to practice.

It's inexpensive and knits really nicely.

Are you working on socks? Don't be worried. Turning the heel isn't as dreadful as it sounds. If you get nervous, just find Silver's sock tutorial.

Cheers,

Webigail :)

letah75 said...

Yeah, you're working on socks too!!! I'm not the only one.

I'm really excited about the scarf exchange, it's my first one.