April 6, 2007

Lace love

Well, I finally have some pictures of my ISE4 scarf to share! After taking about a hundred pictures to find the right light and setting I think this is about the best its going to get. Here it is:


And here's an up close picture of the detail:

This is really my first attempt at knitting lace, so I was pretty nervous when I picked out the pattern but it was one that my secret had mentioned she liked. I really wanted to knit her something special that she's really going to like.

I've had a few troubles with it. I knit the border and was finishing the second repeat of the pattern when I realized that I had one too few stitches on the needle. I have no idea what happened but when I knit back and tried to start the row over, I had one too few stitches!!! Arggggg. Well, I just frogged and started over on it. This was for the best anyway because I realized that I was doing the psso wrong, so I'm actually glad I frogged it. When I had started I was dreading the rows with psso but now I love them! I don't know why but I just think there something fun about passing that slipped stitch...haha! I've gotten quite a few repeats on the pattern done now (even more than in the picture) and I've been putting in lifelines every two repeat in case I have to frog. I actually did have to frog again at one point but it made it soooooo much easier with the lifeline!

I think its coming along pretty well now and I'm really loving knitting the lace...I can't wait to be able to practice more lace patterns. I was a little worried that I wasn't going to have the scarf in time for my pal, but silly me I thought that the deadline to mail was in May. I just realized that its not until the end of June so I'll have plenty of time to work on it to make perfect for my pal!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I think it's gorgeous! You are doing a great job. What is the pattern? I can't wait to see the finished product!

gemma said...

that scarf looks great. What a pretty pattern.
Don't worry about frogging the socks, I have now knitted three pairs, but that first one (plain knitting, absolutely nothing fancy) took me forever. I was all thumbs. But I got there in the end, and wear them all the time.
Hugs, Gemma

g-girl said...

it's so pretty! Love the color and love the pattern. What pattern is it??

Kaydee said...

The pattern is Diamond Lace pattern here: http://www.kurrajonghandcrafts.com/Patterns/Diamond%20lace.pdf