August 22, 2007

Back to Knitting and Such

I finally got back to work on My-so-called Scarf. Boy, its about time. I had a pretty long hiatus from knitting while I was getting everything together to move. I'm still in transition now from my old place to the new one since I can't move in until Sept. 1, so I'm staying at a friend;s place who is away until the end of the month. But at least I've been knitting again. I made a few dishcloths for my secret pal for the KH secret summer swap. They all reflected things that has to do with her. One had the British Isles on it (where she lives), one had a sewing machine (she loves to sew), and the third had a cat for her little kitty she loves so much. I hope she'll be happy with the package I sent. I had wanted to knit her socks but I was having trouble with the pattern, and had to keep frogging them. It just wasn't working out the way I wanted, so I decided to go for something more simple. My package was a bit late going out, since I was so distracted with moving and such, but it should get there by Monday, and I can't wait for her to know who I am. Very exciting.

In non-knitting related news, have I ever said how much I love being an aunt??? Well I do. You get to shop for all cute outfits and spoil her without all of the dirty work that mommy and daddy have to do (changing diapers, etc.). I only wish 10 month old Cammie was closer so I could see her more but the web-cam will have to do until I go out to Lake Tahoe to visit her for her first birthday. I just found out that she took her first steps this past weekend! Of course I think she's a baby genius! I only wish I could have been there to see it. When I'm out there in October she'll be walking all over the place! Here's a few of her most recent pictures to share:

Cammie spending the day at the lake

Walking along the shoreline with my brother

No comments: