July 3, 2007

My So Called Scarf

After many failed attempts I cast on for My So Called Scarf last night and finally got it going alright. I was really confused by the pattern when it said: " psso but before dropping the slipped stitch from the left needle, knit into the back of it" so I ventured over to KH for some help with it. After searching there and seeing other's questions about the scarf I found there is a variation to do this. The only problem was that when I did the variation it didn't look anything like it was supposed to. I must have been doing it wrong or something, who knows. Well I did some more digging and got clarification on the original pattern so I cast on (for about the fifth time) and it finally started to look like its supposed to!

I'm knitting the scarf for my dad out of beautiful Malabrigo in a blue and lime colorway. This is my first time ever with Malabrigo and I love it! Its even softer when its knitted up, I have to resist from rubbing it against my face. I think I'm going to be tempted to keep this scarf for myself. Must. give. scarf. away.

Pictures of the WIP coming soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please explain how you figured this one out. I'm still baffled trying to figure how to knit into the back of the slipped stitch. Help please!

Courtney
scsuhusky_2000@yahoo.com